Are you worried and missing your smile due to the broken tooth? If yes, you no longer have to worry as you can consider dental implants in Lucknow to restore your smile.
Dental implants replace the traditional methods of using dentures meant to be permanent options installed quickly. They provide people strength & stability to eat the food they were struggling for.
If you are unaware of what dental implants are & how they work, this post will help you understand them.
What Is Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that helps support the restoration of the missing tooth or teeth. It helps stop & prevent jaw bone loss. This screw-like device gets inserted into the jawbone and is an anchor for an artificial tooth known as the crown. Typically, it’s like a single crown replacing one tooth. However, it can even support multiple broken & missing teeth with a bridge.
The custom-made crown fits inside the mouth of the person by matching the colors of the teeth. It gets to fuse with the bone like the root and also stimulates & preserves the bone structure.
According to a survey, dental implants procedure has a 99% success rate and can last for a lifetime. That’s why it has many benefits and is often recognized as the #1 recommendation for replacing missing teeth permanently.
Advantages of Tooth Implants
- Improved appearances – As dental implants look & feel natural, they help improve the appearance of your mouth.
- Improved speech – As they properly fit into the roots, dental implants let you speak without worrying about teeth slipping, unlike dentures.
- Improved comfort – Implants eliminate any discomfort of removing artificial teeth again & again.
- Easier eating – By functioning like natural teeth, implants allow you to eat without pain and with complete confidence.
- Improved self-esteem – You can regain your smile and feel confident with teeth implants.
- Improved oral health – There’s no need to reduce other teeth for support as a tooth-supported bridge does. This helps improve the health of your overall oral teeth, as the nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant and are left intact.
- Durability – The best thing about teeth implants is that they are durable and last for a long life.
- Convenience – Unlike dentures, dental implants eliminate the need to remove artificial teeth simultaneously and the need for messy adhesives to keep them fixed all the time.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Artificial dental fuse with your jawbone, providing stable support to the artificial teeth. The denture & bridge gets mounted into the roots so they won’t slip or shift inside the mouth, providing a significant benefit while eating & speaking. Helping a secure fit to dentures & bridges, as well as to individual crowns that are placed over the implants, gives a magical feeling over conventional bridges or dentures.
For many people, there are sometimes when ordinary bridges & dentures are not comfortable or possible due to poor ridges, gapping, or sore spots. Moreover, ordinary bridges must be attached to teeth on any side of the space left by the missing tooth for better fixation. A Dental implant procedure provides a significant advantage because no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold the new replacement tooth in place.
However, to get implants, it’s necessary to have healthy gums & adequate bone that can support the implants properly. Meticulous oral hygiene & frequent dental visit is necessary for the long-term success of dental implants.
Types of Dental Implants Procedure
Endosteum Implants – By surgically implanting directly inside the jawbone, endosteum implants involve two surgeries. Once the surrounding gum tissue is healed, a second surgery is needed to connect the post to the original implants. Finally, the artificial tooth is attached to a post individual or grouped on a bridge or denture.
Subperiosteal Implants – In this kind of surgery, a metal frame is fitted onto the jawbone under the gum tissue. The frame becomes fixed to the jawbone as the gum heals. The posts that are attached to the frame protrude through the gums. Finally, just like endosteal implants, artificial teeth get mounted to the posts.
Zygomatic Implants – This type of dental implant procedure is the least common dental implant available to you and one of the most complicated surgeries, which is only done if you don’t have enough jawbone for an Endosteal implant. After that, the implant gets placed in the patient’s cheekbone rather than the jawbone.
Find Your Perfect Smile With Mint Dental
Getting a perfect smile is easy as it was before with MyMint Dental. Several types of dental implants are available, and you can choose the best one for you.
Providing the best dental implants in Lucknow, we are an advanced dental clinic with world-class facilities. Our team of experienced specialists always ensures to provide the smoothest treatment experience.
However, it is not always necessary that implants are the perfect choice for everyone due to several factors. So, consult a good dental specialist before having a dental implant.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Atul Singh at Mint Dental call +918795229292 or request an appointment by filling out the form on this page.